A webcam is an indispensable part of the arsenal of a streamer. Often, streams that include a face cam tend to be more popular.
Essentially, it helps viewers perceive content as something unique at first glance, rather than mere gameplay. It also allows a better connection between the streamer and its audience.
That said, let’s look at some of the most outstanding webcams you can get right now, as well as see which is the best webcam for streaming!
Best Webcams for Streaming in 2020
Without further ado, here are our top choices for the best streaming webcams today.
|Logitech HD Pro C920 (Our choice)||15 Mpix||1080p|
|Logitech HD C270||3 Mpix||720p|
|Microsoft LifeCam Cinema||5 Mpix||720p|
|Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000||4 Mpix||720p|
Logitech HD Pro C920 – Best Streaming Webcam For Twitch
About the webcam
Logitech was founded in 1981, and they have become the renowned and prestigious company we know and love for their top quality products in a number of areas. The first of their products we will examine is up to this reputation.
The Logitech HD Pro C920 is a state-of-the-art webcam that captures clear, crisp video and photos. It is a compact and flexible camera that can fulfill any task admirably thanks to its many useful and practical functions.
High Price – As this is a premium webcam, the Logitech HD Pro C920 is naturally much more expensive than other devices of this type. It’s a more than worthwhile investment if you’re looking to stream professionally.
- Full HD video recording
- Quality stereo microphone
Clean and clean video quality
- Pretty expensive
Logitech C270 – Best Resolution Webcam
About the webcam
Here we have another solution from Logitech, although much more modest. The C270 is a simple-looking webcam, without any really remarkable element incorporated into its design. The main body of the webcam is oval, and the outside has a somewhat dull gray color. The webcam itself is placed on the left side of the main body of the camera, accompanied by a microphone and a single green LED light.
Brittle editing – The webcam can easily be mounted on any monitor with the accompanying clips. However, even in this case, it remains quite unstable. Admittedly, this is not a problem with desktop computers, but it can cause a lot of problems for laptop users.
- The microphone of surprising precision
Good video quality
- More stable only when mounted
Microsoft LifeCam Cinema – Real Cinematic Web Camera
About the webcam
Here we have a product of one of the best-known names in the computer world. It is none other than Microsoft, and they are here to provide one of the highest quality webcams on this list – and its name speaks for itself. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema is very different from most mainstream webcams in that it uses a cylindrical body closer to a real cinematic camera, hence its name. It uses a black and silver color scheme, with a microphone on the top and is of exceptionally robust construction.
- Wide-angle lens for wider recording angle and better depth of field.
- Excellent balance between price and quality
- Better than average webcam microphones
- Unreliable autofocus, especially in low light conditions
Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 – Best Budgets Webcam
About the webcam
Then we have another webcam from Microsoft, but nothing as flashy as their LifeCam Cinema. This product is closer to an economical solution, although it is more of a product in the middle that lingers on the border between low-end solutions and midrange solutions.
The webcam in question is another webcam from the LifeCam series from Microsoft, the HD-3000. It follows the overall exterior design of this product line, with a predominantly black bodywork and silver highlights. It’s not the best webcam for streaming, but it can do the job.
- Video Quality The HD-3000 records video in 720p HD resolution, but with a simple plastic lens. And while it still has autofocus capabilities and TrueColor on Windows 8 and up, it lacks most of the other powerful features found in the more expensive LifeCam products.
- Audio Quality The HD-3000 uses a single mono microphone with noise canceling. Although it is not obvious from what is presented on paper, there are some notches under the other LifeCam microphones. In the end, it is convenient for video calls but hardly adapted to professional streaming.
- Compatibility The HD-3000 has exactly the same OS compatibility specifications as LifeCam Cinema: full support for Windows 8 and up, and partial support for Windows 7 and macOS 10.7 to 10.10.10.
- No tilt adjustment – Most webcams incorporate this feature to allow users to set ideal viewing angles. This is a particularly important feature if your desk is low or your monitor is too high, and as it is missing here, some might have a hard time finding the perfect position for this webcam.
- Hard to mount on screens – Like the LifeCam Cinema, the HD-3000 uses a mount/stand with the same flaws. Namely, it is rather difficult to attach so that it is stable and fixed in place. Again, this is not a disadvantage as important for desktop PCs as for laptops.
- Decent video quality for money
720p HD Video Quality
- Installing it optimally can be a problem
How to choose the best webcam for streaming?
As always, the needs vary from user to user and budgets too. That’s why we’ll introduce you to a short guide that discusses the importance of some webcam features, which ones to keep in mind and, ultimately, how to find the perfect webcam for your needs. Without further ado, let’s dive straight to the point!
Resolution – Do you really need Full HD?
We all felt, at one time or another, the compulsive need to own a piece of technology because of its amazing paper specifications. However, only the most budget-conscious are asking whether they really need all these high-tech features. Take a moment to think about how you will use the webcam. If you just need to add a “face cam” to your stream, then the choice between 720p and 1080p is not a critical factor.
Why? Just because the video he’s recording will only take a fraction of the screen. With this in mind, people should watch the images recorded by your webcam on their entire screen to notice any difference between the resolutions “HD Ready” and “Full HD”.
So, in the end, the maximum video resolution should not be the deciding factor in your final choice. If you can afford it, then it’s certainly clean to have 1080p recording capabilities as it’s safer for the future, but it’s not worth spitting huge sums of money for this.
Plastic or Glass Lenses – Is there a difference?
A big difference between cheaper webcams and more expensive webcams is the lens material. In truth, it does not affect much the quality of the image. The choice between plastic and glass is much more relevant for glasses or contact lenses.
Microphone – Is it important?
As we already mentioned in the article, webcam microphones are not usually surprising. They are included only to make video calls more convenient, and it’s a purpose they serve admirably.
On the other hand, if you want Stream, you will need a dedicated microphone. Why? Simply because they are better in every conceivable area, offering a plethora of useful features and a far superior overall sound quality.
Conclusion – The Best Webcam for Streaming in 2020
All things considered, we concluded that the best streaming webcam is the very first entry on this list, the Logitech HD Pro C920.
So how exactly is this webcam clearly above the competition?
First and foremost, it really offers the best value for money. Even though its official price on Logitech’s website is more than the price on Amazon and various other sellers. This brings high-quality webcam at an affordable price at a mid-range price.
As for real things, what is it better than other webcams?
Almost all. It can record in 1080p, and although it is not a critical factor for streamers, it makes the camera more scalable and useful for vlogging or for any other type of video. In addition to the resolution itself, it uses a Carl Zeiss premium quality lens, reliable and responsive autofocus, and unprecedented precision in terms of low-light correction effects.
He ridicules even every other webcam in the audio department because it includes a very good stereo microphone. Now, although some of these features are not as important, as we’ve indicated in our little guide above, keep in mind that you’ll get all this at an incredibly low price – for a device of this level.